Day 23: Decluttering And Organizing The Playroom
Welcome to Day 23 of the declutter and Organizing challenge! Today we are getting into the playroom. Playrooms can be one of the most challenging areas to keep clean in your home. But, if you efficiently declutter and thoughtfully organize your playroom it will be so much simpler to keep neat. Bringing order into this room is really a matter of only keeping items your kids play with and organizing them into a way that makes sense so that everything in the room has a home and is easy to put away. Bonus points if you get your kids involved in the clean-up of their space!
If you don’t have playroom you can use this day to focus on another space of your house that is not covered in the challenge or that you still haven’t finished. If you do have a playroom, take a deep breath and let’s get started!
Check day 22 – Organizing Kids’ Rooms to see even more tips about kids’ spaces.
How To Organize A Playroom
- Set up
- Start by pulling everything out from closets, drawers, cabinets, shelves.
- Discard anything that has missing pieces, broken, pieces, or has just generally seen better days.
- Now, look at what you have left. Are your children grown out of any of these toys? Do they simply not play with certain things? Take these items out as well, donating or selling things that are in good shape and tossing the not so great stuff.
- Wipe down all or your surfaces, and vacuum or sweep your floors.
- Finally, organize what you have left after decluttering and replace them back in their spots in the room.
- Consider organizing the playroom in a specific way, such as by child, or in stations related to the activity.
Day 21: Creating a House Care Binder
Day 23: The Playroom
Day 24: The Garage
Day 25: Creating a Disaster Kit
Day 26: Protecting Your Valuables