Decluttering And Organizing The Kitchen
Welcome to day 11! On day nine and ten we worked on the pantry and the refrigerator. Now it’s time to declutter and organize the rest of the kitchen. It’s a big job, but you’re ready – Look what you have accomplished in just ten days!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
How To Organize The Kitchen
Let’s get started!
- Set up a space for “keepers,” donation and a trash bag.
- Now is the time to be ruthless when it comes to getting rid of things that no longer serve you. Empty out every cupboard, wipe down the inside and the doors.
- I like to have my vacuum cleaner ready to use when I declutter and organize. It’s the perfect time to get to every corner and leave everything clean.
- Next, go through the items in each and every cabinet. Get rid of anything that is broken, is missing parts and pieces, or you just do not use anymore. If it is supposed to have a lid and doesn’t- get let it go.
- In your silverware drawers again remove everything. Clean the drawer and the tray. Get rid of anything that you don’t use, is broken, or missing pieces.
- Your counter is up next. Take everything off. Wipe it down. Now, only replace things you use every day, like your coffee maker. Find a new home for those other small, occasional use appliances. You should have the room now in one of those cupboards you just cleaned out.
- Go through your spices. Expired, stale, don’t use it? Toss it. Now organize them in whatever way makes sense to how you use them. Some choose alphabetically, some by what they are used for.
- Almost finished! Head to your under-the-sink cabinet and again remove everything out. Wipe it down, inside and out. Now put only the things you need back in an organized way. Use inexpensive tubs or bins to store cleaning products and sponges (remember to store chemicals up in an out-of-reach area if you have little children at home). Corral all of those plastic bags.
- You did it! Your kitchen is now a fine-tuned machine, ready to work as hard for you as you do in it!
Kitchen Organizing Checklist
Grab today’s Kitchen Declutter Checklist below and let’s get started!
Love printables? Purchase your Life-Binder Purposeful Life Planner!
Want more great tips on how to keep your entire kitchen organized and running smoothly?