Download the Organizing Checklists & Planners and get my best tips to prepare for a successful home organizing challenge
The new year is here and in full swing and it is almost time to start our 2020 Home Organizing Challenge. Our challenge is 16 weeks of amazing organizing projects that will have your entire home decluttered and organized to perfection. As with any big project, you want to prepare yourself ahead of time to make the most of your efforts without burning out before the finish line.
To help you succeed, I’ve put together a checklist of things you can do before the organizing challenge to set yourself up for success.
The challenge starts on January 8th so make sure you enter your email below to receive the new posts each week.
My Tips To Prepare For a Successful Home Organizing Challenge
- Plan the time that you will work on the challenge and mark it on your calendar. When you are planning, take all of the things you do in a day into consideration, such as kids, errands, housework, your business. You will also want to take into account the time of day you have the most energy and feel your best.
- You will also want to plan plenty of rest into your days and plan meals ahead so you can take that task off your plate during the challenge or at least on the most challenging weeks when you’re organizing larger or more complex rooms, like the kitchen, your closet or the garage.
- Next, you will want to gather your tools. Having everything you need on hand to work through the organizing challenge will help you stay on task and avoid distractions caused when you have to walk to another room, for example.
- Most of the things you will need to work through these challenges you have around the house, such as:
- contractor trash bags,
- sharpies and a pen,
- a folder for your checklists,
- a notepad to write your notes on the space and things you identify need to be either done or purchased,
- step-up ladder,
- utility knife,
- and post-it notes
- Many of my clients found that music was so helpful for them while they were organizing.
- Once you start organizing, especially in an area that is particularly cluttered or deals with a lot of paper, you may want to plan to have a trusting and non-judgemental friend or family member there with you as you work through these rooms.
- If you take medications for anything, be sure to take them when you are working through the challenge.
- Make sure you have plenty of water available and stay well-hydrated while you work. I like to keep a couple of snacks, power bars, and chocolate nearby.
- If you have allergies to dust or mold and a room is speciously dirty, consider wearing a mask and using gloves while working, and keeping the room ventilated with windows open as much as possible.
Ready for Success
I created a checklist for preparing for the 2020 organizing challenge that you can download and print. Click here to join the challenge and download it.
Each week, starting on January 8th, I will be sharing a post that gives you the best tools, tips, and strategies to organize a specific room or area in your house.
Each post that I share with you will have a checklist that you can print out and keep with you while you complete the challenge.
Every successful organizing project starts with great planning and preparation. Here is how to make the most of the challenge!
To give you an extra boost and motivation, I put together a giveaway package for those who get to the finish line! See below!
Share before and after photos of your organized room on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #apochallenge so we can cheer you up! Enter the giveaway below for a chance to win the awesome package prize!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 (one) 45 minutes online organizing session with Helena – A Personal Organizer to be scheduled within 7 days of winner announcement.
- 1 (one) $60 gift certificate so you can complete your project with awesome organizing products!
- The 2020 Home Management Binder & Family Planner
- 1 (one) set of vinyl labels for the pantry
Giveaway Terms & Rules:
- US residents only.
- Must have participated in the 2020 Home Organizing Challenge by organizing at least one entire room and posting before and after photos with the hashtag #apochallenge
- Online session to be used in May 2020.
- Online session to be scheduled within 7 days of the winner announcement.
- Prize expires at midnight, May 31st, 2020. Winner must reply to our email requesting information for shipping.
- May not be exchanged for cash.
- The Home Management Binder and Planner is a digital file.
The 2020 Home Organizing Challenge starts on January 8th. Don’t forget to enter your email below to receive every post in your inbox so you don’t miss a single part of the challenge!
Do you have questions about working through or completing an organizing challenge? Ask me a question below in the comments and I will love to help!