Feng Shui Spring Cleaning – A Spa Day For Your Home
As you look around your home and workplace, does the energy feel a little tired, drab, same-same, blah or sedate? If so, then give your precious environments some rejuvenation with some Feng Shui spring cleaning “spa treatments”!
First, set aside a few hours (morning ideal) in your calendar.
Arrange to have your house or business cleaned in the morning of the same day, if possible.
The day before, read through the “treatments” below and create your errands and shopping list.
Also the day before, create this carpet freshening mix:
- 1 cup baking soda;
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice;
- 49 drops any combination of lemon, grapefruit, sweet orange or kaffir lime pure essential oil.
Mix ingredients to form a damp powder before sprinkling evenly over carpeting. Allow to dry before vacuuming.
Spa Day Treatments
On the Spa Day, here are the “treatments” for your home and workspace!
1. Turn every light on in the house (and immediately replace any burnt-out light bulbs) and keep them on until you go to bed.
2. Open every window in the house and get some fresh air (yes, even if it’s raining or snowing). If it’s damp or chilly outside, close after 10 minutes but try to keep a few windows cracked open longer.
3. Take every bit of garbage and recycling out of your space.
4. Bring in arm-loads of fresh, fragrant flowers in bright, happy colors and place in your bedroom, dining room, living room, kitchen and office. Float orchid or chrysanthemum blossoms in glass fishbowls or gorgeous vessels.
5. If you feel your space needs enlivening, put on happy, uplifting music (and dance!). Or, if there’s been illness, anger, stress, anxiety or chaos, play your favorite sacred music or chants.
6. Set a timer for 9 minutes and as fast as you can, go round the space and clear every single horizontal surface of clutter.
7. Move through each room three times in a clockwise direction first with a stick of high quality incense and then a singing bowl, tingsha or hand bell. If you don’t have any of these, you can clap loudly and rhythmically. Make sure a window is open so the old chi can leave.
8. Put some fresh clean sheets on your bed and spritz with pure essential lavender oil.
9. Squeeze the juice from 3 lemons into a bowl of purified water and pour down every drain in the house. Put the peels in your garbage disposal. Then sprinkle 9 drops of pure essential oils of sweet orange or grapefruit oils on your shower floor and in your tub.
10. Re-arrange your furniture so it’s oriented towards a view of nature, the fireplace (which can be filled with pillar candles at varying heights that can be lit during spring and summer), a little corner filled with plants, a fountain and an altar-anything but the television!
11. Fluff all the pillows on your furniture.
12. Add bursts of happy, uplifting color: tassels on armoires or door knobs, throw pillows, towels, shower curtain, plant pots, art etc. Add shine by switching out knobs on cabinets and drawers to sparkling ones or adding lovely lamp fills.
13. Burn high-grade sandalwood incense or diffuse pure essential oils of sweet orange, neroli or bergamot and freshen the air.
14. Invite birds with song-bird food in your feeders. Fill the bird baths.
15. Break out the good china, silver and crystal. Create a gorgeous centerpiece for your dining table. Eat tonight’s dinner here by candle light.
16. Add “Rainbow Light” by hanging clear or colored Swarovski spheres in front of (clean!) windows, mirrors; from ceiling fixtures or chandeliers.
17. Finally, stand outside of your home or workplace. Close your eyes and imagine the sun as a throbbing ball of powerful nourishing white energy sending out a river of light from the sky, moving slowly and benevolently into your home and bedroom/business and office.
Please remember that regular clearing and blessing ceremonies aren’t considered a “luxury” but a NECESSITY for clearing out any stagnation, negativity, obstacles, depression, exhaustion, quarrels, illness, lethargy, boredom, discontent and so on.
You’re left with a fresh, re-vitalized space ready to receive new energies, blessings and good fortune.
Ready for a Feng Shui Spring Cleaning?
Please be in touch, [email protected], if you’re ready for a Feng Shui ceremony for your home and/or work place.
Gwynne Warner is the owner and founder of 10,000 Blessings Feng Shui. You may learn more about Gwynne’s work on her website 10KBlessingsFengShui.com and sign up for her newsletter.