How to Organize Papers
I confess that I love papers and working with them comes easy to me. I love receiving, processing, sorting and filing them in neatly organized and labeled colored files.
I know, I’m a sucker for papers and it has to be the lawyer in me, that enjoys it. However, I recognize that most people dislike it deeply, some aren’t good at it and that most homes are flooded by paper, unwanted mail and paying bills is a chore that most dread.
Here are the good news and easy ways to stop mail before it comes into your home, simplify how papers flow and how you pay your bills.
Today let’s take care of the worst part of it. Yes, you guessed it right!
1 – Signing up for “opt-out” services will clear your mail box and your time!
Check the links bellow and sign up for these free services.
- To opt out for five years: Call toll-free 1-888-5-OPT-OUT (1-888-567-8688) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com. The phone number and website are operated by the major consumer reporting companies.
- To opt out permanently: You may begin the permanent Opt-Out process online at www.optoutprescreen.com. To complete your request, you must return the signed Permanent Opt-Out Election form, which will be provided after you initiate your online request.
- Telemarketing: To register your phone number or to get information about the registry, visit www.donotcall.gov, or call 1-888-382-1222 from the phone number you want to register.
- Mail: To register with DMA’s Mail Preference Service, go to www.dmachoice.org, or mail your request with a $1 processing fee to:
Direct Marketing Association
P.O. Box 643
Carmel, NY 10512
- However, your registration will not stop mailings from organizations that do not use the DMA’s Mail Preference Service.
- Email: The DMA also has an Email Preference Service (eMPS) to help you reduce unsolicited commercial emails. To opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email from DMA members, visit www.dmachoice.org. Registration is free and good for six years.
Office Organizing Products that Make Life Simpler