Feng Shui Letters by Gwynne Warner
Late summer brings the Earth element and the season of grounded, nurturing, peaceful and compassionate chi. The Earth element encourages us to nurture ourselves and others and create the most loving, supportive, stable, sustainable and peaceful life that we can live.In our bodies, it’s related to the stomach, spleen and pancreas. In our spaces, it’s related to the center of the bagua, the Tai Chi or health as well as the Relationship area.When earth is balanced, we feel grounded, stable, calm, still, peaceful. We enjoy nurturing and supporting others. Our relationships are loyal, reliable and compassionate.
When the Earth element is out of balance we can feel insecure, lonely, listless, anxious or worried. We might be apathetic, sluggish, bored, stuck, feeling inertia, or lethargic. We might be over-protective or smothering in our relationships. Or too accommodating, trying to be all things to all people.
Here are some easy and simple ways to invite and balance the Earth element in your own life:
- Hang a 50mm clear or 40 mm gold faceted round Swarovski sphere from the ceiling at the very center of your home, business and bedroom.
- Use gold or yellow bed sheets.
- Use the Yu Bowl methods (rituals included) at home or in the office if you have a situation in your life that needs more security or grounding.
- Lay on your belly on the earth and inhale and exhale deeply.
- Wear clothing in the colors of yellow, gold, orange or brown.
- Drink pu’ehr tea.
- Bring earth from sacred places back home and sprinkle it into your garden and house plants.
- Eat yellow, gold and orange colored foods.
- Take earth given to you from a wealthy person and place into your Wealth Vase. You can also bury a wealth vase in your garden.
- Make sure to take time to nurture yourself.
- See your acupuncturist to balance your spleen, stomach and digestion.
- Fire creates Earth-so it’s a wonderful time to light fires indoors or outside-think fire pits, bonfires on the beach or using your fireplace (see my Pinterest board for some inspirations.)
- Bring terracotta or ceramic planters or yellow or gold flowers such as chrysanthemums into the health gua (center area) of your home or business.
- If you have too much Earth, use Wood to help destroy excess Earth by using green bedding or clothing, eating green foods and bringing lots of green, healthy leafy plants into your home and office.