Professional Organizing Rates
Knowing how much your professional organizing rates will cost brings you peace of mind and allows you to plan a budget for your organizing project.
Working with an experienced and trained professional organizer will make all the difference in the long run.
I’m a member of NAPO and subscriber of the Institute for Challenging Disorganization abiding by their code of ethics. I’m also a NAPO instructor for new professional organizers.
My professional organizing experience allows me to know what works and what doesn’t and that alone saves you time and money.
I have successfully completed training and certificate programs through my professional associations, and am a calm, caring and compassionate person.
It is my goal to serve you and help you get organized.
Get started by requesting a free complimentary call for your organizing services.
Complete the form below to get started.
I look forward to speaking with you!
Organizing homes and offices in Glenview, Wilmette, Winnetka, IL
3 hours – $360.00
8 hours – $880, paid in full before work starts.
16 hours – $1,600, paid in full before work starts.
24 hours -$2,280, paid in full before work starts.
Simply complete the form below to get started or call us today at (847) 834-4164
Is there anything else included in your organizing rates?
- Email communication between sessions to answer your questions.
- Time dedicated to planning and exploring organizing project and solutions for your specific needs.
- Purchase of organizing supplies upon agreement.
- Contacting and scheduling with independent service providers.
- Drop off of your donations to Goodwill (1 carload per visit, accepted items only). I’ll bring you a receipt for each drop-off.
- Recycling of electronics, a receipt will be provided.
- Travel of up to 20 minutes each way.
What is NOT included in your organizing rates?
- Discarding/recycling of special items such as paint, hazardous materials.
- If you need services, such as repairs, painting, installation of furniture, shelves, etc. I’ll give you referrals. However, contracts and payments are made between you and that service provider.
- If the installation of closet or storage systems, cabinetry or any equipment is required, I’ll be present at installation time and that time is charged at your hourly rate. In my experience, this is necessary as more often than not questions and problems arise and my presence allows for the immediate solution of the problem.
What else should I know about your organizing services?
- All information is confidential.
- I don’t sub-contract other organizers, and this means that when you hire my company I’m the one showing up at your door and working directly with you. For large projects, if help is needed, we will discuss it and plan to bring a colleague to the project.
- If you want to bring helpers to work with us on your project, we will discuss their tasks ahead of time to optimize our time together and avoid confusion.
- I only take a few clients at a time which allows me to dedicate myself to each client and project; to prevent burn out and to be able to successfully complete each project.
- For all package rates payment is due 48 hours before we start working.
- Each block of time is valid for 4 months and is non-refundable.
- Hours are non-transferable to 3rd parties.
It’s good to know:
- Unless a special need or medical condition leads me to suggest shorter sessions, I work with clients on sessions of 3 hours or more.
- These packages have been created from my experience in working with clients. My goal is to give you options and the bigger the job the more economical they become.
What is your cancellation policy?
When we schedule an appointment I block that time for you. Cancellations made within 48 hours are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the hours scheduled.
Repeat cancellations, same day cancellations, and no-shows will incur in 100% of the hours scheduled.
Once we finish organizing what can I do to stay organized?
Once we finish organizing your home you can benefit from a maintenance package, at lower rates, only available for clients that have worked with me.
– Six (6) months of organizing with Helena in 6 x 3 hours sessions to keep in place all the organizing systems we implemented in your home.
– 18 hrs of hands-on organizing to be used in monthly or bi-monthly sessions of 3 hours.
– Donation drop-offs, recycling, and purchases as described above.
How Can I Estimate the Hours Needed For My Organizing Project?
The number of hours we will work together is based on your needs, how cluttered the space is, as well as your emotional readiness and ability to make decisions.
Some clients can quickly decide to let go of an item while others need a little more time to be ready to take that step.
It is my job to respect your pace, your wishes and offer you a structured system to guide our work and help you get things done.
While I can’t estimate the exact number of hours for your organizing project, I can give you some examples based on my experience:
- Organize a hallway closet, bathroom, pantry or small condo kitchen in about 4 hours
- Organize a playroom in about 8 hours
- Organize a large closet between 8 and 12 hours
- Organize a very cluttered garage between 24 and 30 hours
How Does Professional Organizing Work?
We will schedule an assessment with a walk-through of your home where I’ll be able to understand your space, assess the clutter and ask you questions to familiarize myself with your lifestyle, personal preferences likes, and dislikes, etc. The assessment is a paid consultation.
When we conclude the assessment, I’ll give you my best estimate of hours needed for your project. If we believe we’re a good match and if you are satisfied with my answers, we’ll sign a Client Agreement, you’ll issue a payment of the hours needed for your project (please inquire about package rates)and schedule our organizing sessions.
On the scheduled date we will start the organizing process.
Because life can be simpler.
Contact me to get started: [email protected]
I look forward to speaking with you!
Thank you for your interest in our professional organizing rates.